I’m going to make some minor changes to the way that I publish the best things I’ve read over the previous week. I’ll be splitting writing two linkage posts forward, the best enterprise devices things I’ve seen and the best infrastructure things I’ve seen. This post is about the latter.
From the Infrastructure evangelists
- Mitch posted about what Hyper-V CPU compatibility is, where and when to use it.
- Yung Chou has posted a really good two part walk through on deploying IaaS on Windows Azure, if you’re in any doubt as to how to get started Yung’s got you covered!
- Keith Mayer created a step-by-step guide to trying Tired Storage Spaces in Windows Server 2012 R2 without too much hardware!
- Edge Show 74 with Symon and Matt McSpirit is out and they’re talking about enterprise workloads with Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V.
Other Microsoft blogs
- Brad Anderson announced that Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows Server 2012 R2 are available to download on TechNet, if you have a sub.
- The UK Higher Education Blog linked directly to the Windows Server 2012 R2 “Introducing” book by Mitch Tulloch, great book, go read!
- The register has a write up of the cheer given at TechEd Australia for some of the improvements in the Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V consoles.