Inspired by my former manager Matt Ballantine I thought I’d start a new little series on the blog of “week notes”. My plan is that these will be weekly, and help me to keep up blogging pace, and will also give you a little insight into the week of a guy at Microsoft. This week was mainly about videos, blogs and more.
- Deployment Sessions – two more videos recorded in this series, great doing a video series it builds a key skill for evangelists distilling demos down into what’s important.
- Getting creative with videos – one of the best bits of my job is using creative muscle, I’ve been working on some interesting ways of telling technology stories that will be used for our TechDays online event. Secret, can’t share until the day.
- Pre-event execution – Getting ready for events doesn’t just happen. For TechDays online there’s a whole two days of technical IT pro content, that means I have to organise speakers, pull in bios and photos, review content, convince awesome people to speak, write interview questions and produce spreadsheets to track all the into.
- Blog themes and host migrations – I’m currently in the process of working on a migration plan of this blog from GoDaddy to Windows Azure websites. This blog runs WordPress and it’s a great place to do that. I’ve started re-theming around a great theme I found on Some Random Dude’s website. I’ve A/B tested it a little and realised I have some work to do still.
- Also personally we visited a therapist this week to have my daughters flat head syndrome looked into and are going for the helmet option – sadly that means she’s going to have to wear the helmet 23 hours a day for 4 months.